Seven women were said to have died on Thursday inside a saloon where they went to prepare their hair for Friday Sallah celebration.
The incident according to sources, who spoke to us, occurred in Rijau town, the headquarters of Rijau local government Area of Niger.
We were told that there was heavy rain that night but that the victims were determined to stay and have their hairs made since the following days was Sallah.
To satisfy them, the hairdresser decided to take the generator inside the saloon, closed the door and continued with her work.
It was in the process that five of the victims suffocated to death after inhaling the smoke from the generator.
The two others struggled with death until the next morning (Friday) when they were discovered, the source hinted.