Multibillionaire business mogul, Prince Arthur Eze, has fired back at the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, describing his call for the banishment of some traditional ruler from the state as irresponsible and reckless.
Ngige had on Saturday, led a protest in which he asked Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state to dethrone and banish 12 traditional rulers who went to Abuja to see President Muhammadu Buhari with Arthur Eze.
In a statement by his media directorate signed by Okpala Okechukwu, Prince Arthur Eze said he would treat Ngige’s call as “ranting of an ant, who by all social and political equation, is an inconsequential product of history.”
He expressed sadness that Ngige could ask Governor Obiano to “banish traditional rulers whose only offence is that they took a trip to Abuja to commend his boss, the president, for the magnificent jobs he is doing for the people of their geo- political zone,” and described such call as “most irresponsible, callous, derogatory and unbecoming of an accidental minister.”
Prince Arthur Eze said the minister should have known that his call was useless as “no section of the constitution empowers a state governor to banish or trample on the fundamental human right of any Nigerian,” adding that no governor should heed such call because it is “against the letters and spirit of the Nigerian constitution.”
He said further that Ngige had been involved in serious traditional leadership crisis in his Alor community over the Igweship, insisting that this should not “becloud his sense of judgement to make calls that has no legal or constitutional backing.”
The statement warned Ngige to desist from making further unpleasant comments about Prince Eze, saying: “Let us warn that if Chris Ngige makes any further unpleasant statement against our principal we shall be left with no option than to publish some facts and materials at our disposal which will shock Nigerians on the person and individual known as the labour minister.”