The Ministry of Information and Culture has recalled the Head, Press and Public Relations of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), Ibraheem Al-Hassan, over the blundering statement he recently issued in the aftermath of the assault incident involving the tribunal’s chairman, Danladi Umar.
The directives for Al-Hassan’s recall was handed down by the Ministry last week Friday, African Community News gathered.
He has also handed over to the Chief Registrar of the CCT, Abdumalik Shaibu before departing on Friday.
The officer was recalled as the head of media unit of the CCT on Friday and asked to hand over to the Chief Registrar of the tribunal.
According to earlier reports, “e will still remain at the Ministry of Information to await fresh posting, if the ministry is inclined towards sending him out again,” a source was quote to have said.
The report also quoted the CCT’s Chief Registrar, Mr Shaibu as saying on Tuesday that Al-Hassan had been recalled by the Ministry of Information.
“He was posted to us to the CCT by the Ministry of Information and he has been with us (CCT) for a very long time.
“He is not our member of staff, he was posted here, but they recalled him on Friday and, they have posted somebody else here,” Mr Shaibu said.
The media officer came to limelight two weeks ago, for the numerous errors contained in his March 30, 2021 statement, in which he tried to defend the Chairman of Code of Conduct Tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar as well as the ethnic hate speech he made when he claimed in the statement that Mr Umar, who was captured in a video clip assaulting a security guard at an Abuja plaza, was the one that was mobbed by ‘Biafran boys’.
Umar was caught on camera slapping Clement Sagwak, a security guard at Banex Plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja, on March 29.