The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has set up an appeal committee to look into complaints arising from the conduct of its primary election for the November 6 Anambra state governorship contest.
The primary election took place last Saturday with Mr. Valentine Ozigbo emerging as the party’s candidate.
A statement by the PDP, sent to African Community News Monday morning has the party’s national Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus as the Chairman of the appeal committee.
See the full text of the statement:
“The National Working Committee (NWC) of our Great Party, the PDP, has approved the nomination of the following party members to serve on the gubernatorial election appeal panel.
“The Panel will consider appeals arising from the conduct of the Anambra State Gubernatorial Primary Election.
- Prince Uche Secondus – Chairman
- Elder Yemi Akinwonmi – Member
- Sen. Sulaiman Nazif – Member
- Col Austin Akobundu – Member
- Dr. Agbo Emmanuel, MFR – Member
- Hon. Abdullahi MAIBASIRA – Member
- Hon. Adewale Aribisala – Member
- Hon. Kola Ologbondiyan – Member
- Haj. Mrs. Maryam Waziri – Member
- Rt. Hon. S.K.E Udeh Okoye – Member
- Barr. Emmanuel Enoidem – Member
- Alh. Mai Adamu Mustapha – Member
- HE. Amb. Taofik Arapaja – Member
- Rt. Hon. Theophilus Dakas Shan – Member
- Chief. Dan Orbih – Member
- Dr. Emmanuel Bovoa – Member
- Chief Ali Odefa – Member
- Dr. Aminu Abdullahi – Member
- HE Sule Lamido – Member
- Alh. Adamu Maina Waziri – Member
- HE Sen. David A.B Mark, GCON – Member
- Chief Onyema Ugochukwu – Member
- H.E. Erelu Olusola Obada – Member
- Sen. Emmanuel Ibokessien, FNSE – Member
- Sen. Umaru Ibrahim Tsauri, CON – Member/Secretary
“The Appeal Panel seating is scheduled as follows:
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Venue: NWC Hall, Wadata Plaza, Abuja FCT.
Time is 1:00PM
Col. Austin Akobundu (rtd).
National Organizing Secretary”